Funeral Services in calgary, Alberta
McInnis & Holloway has been one of Calgary and southern Alberta’s most respected funeral homes since 1903.
Our focus has always been on providing sympathetic assistance to families at a time of grief. We do that through highly trained and professional staff, and by delivering quality programs and funeral services. Many of our funeral services are unique in Calgary – we believe it’s the special things that make the grief process a little easier for families.
What Every Family Can Expect From McInnis & Holloway
- Professional and respectful staff, on call 24 hours a day.
- We offer a wide range of funeral services – including burial, cremation and celebration of life services.
- Locations close to your community featuring serene funeral home surroundings.
- Chapels and facilities to suit every size of funeral service.
- Reception rooms with kitchens for use before and/or after a service.
- Ample off-street parking at all locations.
- Wheelchair accessibility at all funeral homes.
- The latest model white limousines and funeral coaches.
- Customized colour memorial folders for every family.
- Flowers arranged by our floral designers at our on-site flower shop.
- Wide range of choices for caskets, urns, and other services to suit any budget.
- No-obligation information on all aspects of funeral services.
Unique and Special Memorial Service Program Offered By McInnis & Holloway
Memorial Tree Program
If families wish, any family that was served by McInnis & Holloway, we plant a tree in memory of your loved one in one of our Memorial Forests either in Lafarge Meadows in Fish Creek Provincial Park (South of Sikome Lake and 22X) or in our Fletcher Park Memorial Forest located in Airdrie, AB. The Memorial Forest® program offers a special way of memorializing a person who has died and provides families with a meaningful way to deal with a loss.
Embracing Calgary’s cultural community
- We’re the specialists for providing unique and customized services for families who want ethnic or religious customs and traditions integrated into the funeral ceremony.
- Unique funeral customs outlined in our publication Customs and Traditions in Times of Death and Bereavement written by our Funeral Operations Manager, Kathy Cloutier.
- Our Eastside Memorial Chapel is architecturally designed to accommodate multi-cultural families and their unique needs.
Learn More About This Location
Creating A Memorable Funeral Ceremony
McInnis & Holloway offers ideas on making funeral services more personal. Unique ideas and non-traditional funeral rituals are outlined in our publication “Creating A Memorable Funeral Ceremony” written by our Funeral Operations Manager, Kathy Cloutier.
“Creating a Memorable Funeral Ceremony” was developed when McInnis & Holloway Funeral Homes recognized that grieving families were communicating a greater need to express their grief. More often today, families and friends are seeking ways of providing memorials that truly reflect the personality and spirit of the person who has died. Tributes that accurately reflect a person’s life bring additional meaning to the funeral ceremony, and can also help friends and family with the grieving process.
When the ceremony is over, the family needs to be satisfied that they have done their best to honour the life of their loved one. We trust the information provided in “Creating A Memorable Funeral Ceremony” will present the resources necessary to create a living picture of the way a person has spent their time on earth. Feel free to review these selected excerpts from the booklet.
Request a Free Copy of Our Booklet
Pre-Planned Funeral Services
Advanced planning is the act of preparing in advance for your funeral service. It can be as simple as writing your wishes on paper and attaching them to your will or contacting a funeral home to discuss the many details surrounding the funeral service, and paying for these services in advance.
If you have a question about funeral services, visit our FAQ/Information section for commonly asked questions. If you would like to speak directly with one of our funeral directors (at no obligation), please visit our Map & Directions page for each locations specific contact information.